“Top Ten Hot Brands of 2017″ -Wine Business Monthly
“A new and exciting producer” -Jancis Robinson
“… a mouthwatering, multi-dimensional, mindset-mending demonstration of what’s possible in Virginia’s Blue Ridge” -David Schildknecht, eRobertParker.com
“…a Virginia Pinot Noir that wowed the crowd” -Dave McIntyre, Washington Post
“International Pinot Noir Celebration” (IPNC) Featured Winery- 2016
All our wines are extremely limited in production. Our total case production is currently under 1000 cases. We currently distribute in Virginia, DC, Georgia, and South Carolina. We ship directly to consumer to all states that permit shipping of alcoholic beverages into their state. We encourage you to join our Wine Club (membership is free) to guarantee availability and receive discounts.
“The Three Legs of Terroir”
Expression of Place
There has been much discussion around the word, “terroir.” Literally it is defined as “the natural environment in which a particular wine is produced, including factors such as the soil, topography, and climate.” We feel it is undeniable that place plays a role in the quality, taste, structure of the fruit, and thus the wine. Fine wines are made in the vineyard. But it is not only place that defines the formation of a wine and the expression of that place. It is much more.
• 37°42’ N x 79°10’W
• Blue Ridge Mountains, Amherst County, Virginia
• Elevation 1700 – 1800ft with steep SE aspect
• Ancient, weathered granite soils over 500,000 million years old
• 6 acres under vine on site
• Pinot Noir –planted in 2008 & 2017, 4.25 ac (mostly Dijon clones)
• Chardonnay – planted in 2008 & 2017, 1.5 ac,
• Gamay- planted 2017- .25 acre
• At our neighboring leased Mountain Terrace site- 2.5 ac Chardonnay
• Restrained, little intervention
• Use of both native and inoculated yeasts
• French oak barrels, new and neutral
• Allow for expression of place and vintage
Because of our fairly remote location, we are not open as often as most tasting rooms. We are not hard to get to, we just aren’t surrounded by throngs of other vineyards and highly populated areas, which to tell the truth is part of its magic. We just have stunning panoramic views, sheep grazing on the mountainside, the finest of wines, a friendly staff and a peacefulness that is hard to find. Come sip and stay awhile.